Spring is in the air, which means so is pollen. If seasonal allergies are already making life miserable, follow these seven tips to fight back and suppress your sneezing…
1. Start medicating now. If you wait until your allergies are already in full effect to start taking your medicine, you’re already behind.
2. Dust the right way. Dust is one of the most common allergy triggers in the home, and if you use a feather duster, you are doing more harm than good. Opt for a microfiber cloth, which traps dust instead of kicking it into the air.
3. Take off your shoes. Implement a strict no-shoes policy for your family and guests. Not only does wearing shoes around the house make your floors dirty, it can track in pesticides, pollen, and other pollutants.
4. Utilize your air conditioner. Keep your home and car windows closed on days with high pollen counts. Use your air conditioner to keep cool, and don’t forget to change the filters each month.
5. Control your humidity levels. High humidity doesn’t can lead to uncomfortable conditions, mold, and dust mites. For best results, keep the relative humidity in your home under 50%.
6. Have your air ducts professionally cleaned. Air ducts can spread dust, pollen, pet dander, mold, and other allergens throughout your house. Experts recommend having your ducts professionally cleaned every 3-5 years.
7. Invest in an air purification system. A professionally-installed air filtration system can remove up to 99.97% of airborne contaminants before they ever reach you.
Residents of Fairfield County, Connecticut can trust the pros at Tri-City Heating & Cooling to help them keep their allergies under control this season. We offer a variety of air conditioning services, air purification systems, and humidity control solutions to keep your home clean and comfortable. Contact us online to learn more, or call (203) 583-4269.